Responsibilities of the Board of Directors and the Inspector according to the Guild System Laws
Article 7- Board of Directors would be elected among members for a four-year period through secret-direct votes based on the law and regulations of the Guild System. Members cannot be members of the Board of Directors for more than two consecutive periods or four alternate periods.
Article 8- In the first round, union elections shall begin if only one-third of the members would be present, and if a quorum is not present, at least one-fourth of the members must be present in the second round.
Article 9- The number of members of the Board of Directors in the unions of less than 1000 guild units shall consist of five main persons and two stand-in persons, and in case of unions with more than one thousand guild units, it shall consist of seven main persons and three stand-in persons. The position of the elected members of the Board of Directors include one chairman, two vice chairmen (1st and 2nd), one secretary and one treasurer based on the article (23) of the Guild System Law and its notes. The dismissal of the members of the Board of Directors would be in accordance with the provisions of paragraph (H) of Article (55) of the Guild System Law.
Article 10 – The duties and authorities of the Union are in accordance with article (30) of the Guild System Law.
Article 11. Tasks of each member of the Board of Directors:
- A) Carry out all executive affairs of the union and to manage the meetings of the Board of Directors.
- B) Attend Guilds Chamber meetings.
- C) Sign all union documents and correspondence.
- D) Report on the activities and performance of the union to the chamber every three months.
- E) Report on the activities and performance of the union to the union members annually.
- F) Agreement on members’ vacation and missions of the Board of Directors.
- G) Obtain the consent of the head of the Guilds Chamber for his own vacation and missions.
- H) Track union development activities, including training, research, promotion and productivity, and business improvement.
- I) Follow up the decided programs of the union.
- J) Appointment of staff and the use of advisory and specialized services in accordance with the article (37) of the Guild System Law.
- A) In the absence of the Chairman of the Union (on vacation or mission), the Vice Chairman (in consequence of the position) is in charge of his duties.
- B) Attend meetings by coordinating the chairman of the union.
- C) Follow up and fulfill the duties assigned by the chairman of the Union.
- A) Set the agenda and issues to be discussed at the board meetings in coordination with the chairman of the union.
- B) Coordination of Commission Affairs under the supervision of the chairman of the Union.
- A) Responsibility for overseeing the financial performance of the union.
- B) Comment on budget draft, balance sheet and annual financial statements of the union.
- C) Track fundraising and revenues of the Union within the framework of the regulations of the Note (1) of Article (31) of the Guild System Law.
- D) Submit a monthly report on the financial performance of the union to the Board of Directors.
Article 12- In the event of resignation, each member of the Board of Directors must submit a written request to the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors is obliged to address the matter within a week and issue the result to the Guild Chamber after the acceptance of the resignation in accordance with the Note (4) of Article (22) of the Guild System Law. The Guilds Chamber is required to bring up the resignation of the Chairman of the Union after admittance by the Board of Directors at the very first meeting of the Chamber in his presence. In the event of a failure to arrange the work by the Board of Directors or the Guilds Chamber, the chairman of the Supervisory Commission in the country’s union, the Secretariat of the Supreme Supervisory Board will deal with the issue according to regulations.
Article 13- In the event of resignation, dismissal, death, illness, social rights deprivation of each member of the Board of Directors, the Supervisory Commission shall decide in accordance with the law and regulations of the guilds in order to replace the member or members.
Article 14- While holding the elections of the members of the Board of Union Directors, the members of the union shall elect two inspectors (main and stand-in) among themselves with secret-direct votes which must be in accordance with the Note (3) of Article (22) of the rules of the Guild System Law. Describing the duties and procedure of resignation acceptance of the inspector is in accordance with the implementing rules of Article (23) of the Guild System Law. The selection of the individuals as inspectors in the following periods is allowed. The dismissal of the inspector will be in accordance with the provisions of paragraph (H) of Article (55) of the Guild System Law.